Kindful is a unique customer relationship management (CRM) system designed for nonprofits, specifically designed for integrated donor management. It helps nonprofits seamlessly build relationships with their donors by providing innovative features that allow them to focus on their mission rather than managing their databases.
Kindful integrates with a wide range of applications to support the operations of nonprofit organizations. In this article, we will focus on integrating Kindful with QuickBooks Desktop to automatically synchronize data on donors, donations, and other aspects between the two applications.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Kindful with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating Kindful with QuickBooks Desktop synchronizes data between the applications and automates several processes. Here are some of the advantages of using Kindful with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Integrating the two applications establishes two-way sync between the Customer list in QuickBooks Desktop and Contacts in Kindful. Kindful sends a Contact to QuickBooks as a Customer only if there is a Transaction on the contact history. However, all active QuickBooks customers sync into Kindful as contacts.
- Users can choose the date their QuickBooks Sales Receipts start to flow into Kindful as Transactions using the Sync Date feature.
- There is a two-way sync between QuickBooks Classes and Kindful Campaigns.
- Organizations can track donations using the one-way sync between Income Accounts in QuickBooks and Funds in Kindful.
- There is one-way sync between Items in QuickBooks Desktop and Designation to a Fund in Kindful.
How to Connect Kindful and QuickBooks Desktop?
Kindful can be connected with QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Web Connector. Follow the steps below to connect Kindful with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to Apps>App Directory on the left sidebar in Kindful. Select QuickBooks Desktop and click on Connect.
- Verify the current integration settings in Kindful, and install the Web Connector on the machine on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
- Download the Kindful QWC file from the Kindful Integration Settings and save it on the machine running QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the company file that has to be used with Kindful in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Add an application button at the bottom right in QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Open the Kindful QWC file, and click on OK on the Authorize New Web Service dialog.
- Select “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open” or “Yes, always” and click on Continue on the QuickBooks Application Certificate dialog.
- Enter the Kindful Integration Settings credentials in the Access Confirmation dialog box to complete the Kindful QuickBooks Desktop integration.
Apps4Rent Can Securely Host Financial Applications
Nonprofits often have to manage several accounts with confidential financial data and other personally identifiable information (PII). Using applications such as Kindful with QuickBooks Desktop on desktop computers could leave such data vulnerable to attacks and corruption.
As a Microsoft and Intuit Partner, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks Desktop using Microsoft’s cutting-edge virtualization technology for enterprise-grade protection in our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters or Azure. We can also offer Office 365 Nonprofit licenses with which organizations can operate with greater efficiency when used with QuickBooks Desktop and Kindful. Reach out to our experienced application virtualization advisors, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.