Foxit is a reliable solution for creating, editing, signing, and securing files and digital documents in the Portable Document Format (PDF). It has a wide range of features for creating and editing that are useful for business users. Additionally, it supports plugins for Microsoft Office applications, which includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, making it easy for users to convert common file types, and opens the possibility of creating PDFs from any file type.
Many businesses that require advanced security features opt for Foxit PhantomPDF over other alternatives. The solution, when used with an appropriate document controller, can help businesses comply with industry standards. In this article, we will explore how businesses can use Foxit with QuickBooks.
What are The Advantages of Using Foxit with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating Foxit PhantomPDF with QuickBooks Desktop simplifies accounting for users in many ways. Here are some of the advantages of using the full-featured PDF solution with QuickBooks Desktop.
- While the basic version is available for free, the business version is more affordable than most other similar solutions.
- The user interface is similar to that of the familiar Microsoft applications, thereby reducing the learning curve.
- It includes important business features, such as redaction and e-signing, that are useful for QuickBooks users.
- The Pro version includes advanced features, such as OCR Text Recognition (Optical character recognition), Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP) compatibility, and other important security features, that are useful for securing QuickBooks data.
How to Record QuickBooks Desktop Data with Foxit?
One of the most important uses of integrating Foxit with QuickBooks is to print W2 forms. Here are the steps involved in importing QuickBooks W2 data into payroll compliance software using Foxit.
- Install Foxit Reader on the system on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
- Ensure that Foxit Reader has been made the default PDF Viewer. This can be done by selecting Preferences > File Associations > Make default PDF viewer > OK.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and click on the print option.
- Click on Preprinted forms and select Copy 1.
- On clicking Print PDF, the return will automatically open in Foxit Reader as it has been made the default PDF Reader.
- This file can be saved as an XPS Document (*.xps) that can then be imported into the Payroll Compliance Software.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Secure Hosting Services
While Foxit is more secure than similar solutions, QuickBooks Online users often experience issues while printing with Foxit, as it is not supported by the online version. The alternative for such users is to switch to a hosted QuickBooks Desktop version. This not only reduces the dependence on browsers for support but also offers better security.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner and an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks on secure virtual desktops in our top-tier SSAE-16 datacenters or Azure. We can also provide appropriate licenses and managed Azure services to take full advantage of the capabilities of Foxit. Contact our cloud consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance with QuickBooks hosting.