How to Use ClockShark with QuickBooks Desktop?
ClockShark is a time tracking application designed for local construction, field service, and franchises. It simplifies tracking employee time, running payroll quickly and accurately, and understanding job costs better. It is used by over 4,000 businesses to replace their paper timesheets with automated workflows.
Many of these businesses use QuickBooks for accounting. Using ClockShark with QuickBooks saves time in re-entering timesheet data. In this article, we will explore how businesses can integrate ClockShark with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating ClockShark with QuickBooks?
Integrating ClockShark with QuickBooks significantly reduces the time spent on updating payroll. Here are the advantages of ClockShark QuickBooks Time Tracking integration.
- Using ClockShark with QuickBooks is simple. Managers can review and edit timesheets and simply click on the Export to QuickBooks button to automatically move the timesheets for a particular payroll period into QuickBooks.
- Employees, Customers, Jobs, Service Items, and Employees can be directly imported from QuickBooks into the time tracking system.
- Payroll and job costing become faster as the integration between ClockShark and QuickBooks eliminates double data entry, reduces inefficiency, and automates time tracking.
- The cross-syncing capability between ClockShark and QuickBooks ensures that information across the time tracking and accounting system is accurate and consistent.
- ClockShark works with most versions and editions of QuickBooks across devices and platforms.
- ClockShark automatically fills in the employee timesheet entries in QuickBooks Desktop with details such as Customer: Job, Service Item, and Payroll Items. The entire payroll process is automated by simply clicking on a button to run the payroll.
How to Set Up ClockShark with QuickBooks Desktop?
ClockShark integrates with QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Web Connector. Follow the steps below to integrate ClockShark with QuickBooks.
- Login to the ClockShark account and expand the admin menu.
- Select QuickBooks from the dropdown list and ensure that Auto Import is selected on the QuickBooks Setup page.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop in the single user mode, and ensure that time tracking is enabled in it. Also, ensure that payroll item list is enabled under lists in QuickBooks so that the timesheet items can be sent from ClockShark to QuickBooks. The appropriate company file that needs to be connected with ClockShark should be open.
- Install the QuickBooks Web Connector on the machine on which ClockShark service will be used with QuickBooks Desktop. Download the QWC file from the ClockShark website.
- Grant access on the QuickBooks security prompts when they appear to connect with ClockShark.
- Provide the credentials for the ClockShark account on the Web Connector.
- Once the initial sync is completed between ClockShark and QuickBooks Desktop, switch to the ClockShark application and update the details in Payroll Mappings and click on Save and Continue.
- Visit the job screen, tasks, employees, and other data to confirm that the right data has been synchronized between the applications.
Apps4Rent Can Host Financial Applications for Remote Access
Many businesses use ClockShark with QuickBooks Desktop for automating job costing. The challenge for such businesses is the web connector has to be kept running to provide ongoing synchronization with ClockShark. Consequently, users will need continuous or frequent access to the machine on which the application is installed to ensure data consistency.
This problem can be solved by hosting QuickBooks Desktop along with other applications on virtual desktops. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can host QuickBooks Desktop along with other integrated applications on virtual machines in our top tier SSAE 16 datacenters. Contact our expert application virtualization consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.