ClickTime is an online timesheet solution that specializes in time tracking, expense tracking, and resource planning for improving company performance and productivity. The solution offers unique time tracking solutions for agencies, nonprofits, consultants, universities, architects, IT, healthcare, and other industry verticals to reduce administrative costs, improve operations, and increase employee productivity.
As an Intuit Authorized Developer, ClickTime has been designed to support QuickBooks for over a decade. In this article, we will focus on using ClickTime with QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating ClickTime with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating ClickTime with hosted QuickBooks Desktop makes the reporting process more efficient and helps in managing timesheet and payroll data efficiently. Here are the advantages of integrating ClickTime with QuickBooks Desktop.
- It eliminates duplicate time entries and minimizes errors.
- Time tracking is more accurate, and employees can get paid faster.
- Expenses move to the correct expense accounts in QuickBooks directly from approvers to actual reimbursement checks.
- Information such as timesheets, jobs, activities, billing rates, expenses, time offs will be available in QuickBooks almost in real-time.
- Filters in ClickTime can be used to select specific information about employees, timesheet approval status, billability, date range, and other data with QuickBooks.
How To Connect ClickTime with QuickBooks Desktop?
Users can synchronize their timesheets and expenses data from ClickTime with their locally installed QuickBooks Company File using the ClickTime Connector. Here are the steps to connect ClickTime with QuickBooks.
- Log in to ClickTime and navigate to Company>Preferences page. Select QuickBooks in the dropdown for “accounting application”.
- Click on the link that appears for the Integration page.
- Download QBFC 13 and the ClickTime Connector.
- Install the two files on the Windows PC with QuickBooks Desktop with admin rights.
- A Setup Wizard will appear on launching the ClickTime Connector.
- On clicking Start Setup Wizard, the application will ask to launch QuickBooks. Ensure that QuickBooks is launched in Single-user Mode.
- On permitting ClickTime Connector to access the QuickBooks Company File, a pop-up will appear. Click on the option, “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open” and then proceed with Continue.
Now the Connector can read/modify QuickBooks data and add time or expenses to the QuickBooks Company File. Time entries can be synchronized by mapping Person, Client, Project, and Task in ClickTime with Employee, Customer, Job, and Service Item in QuickBooks.
Apps4Rent Can Host Timesheet Applications with QuickBooks Desktop in Cloud
Time tracking applications, such as ClickTime typically work with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. While QuickBooks Online might be easier to integrate, QuickBooks Desktop offers more features that are reports that can use data from time tracking applications, even though the application has to be installed on machines.
This shortcoming of QuickBooks Desktop can be overcome with cloud hosting that allows QuickBooks Desktop to be accessed from anywhere. As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can support QuickBooks Desktop along with time tracking applications installed on virtual machines in secure top tier SSAE 16 datacenters along with other financial applications. Contact our cloud hosting advisors, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.