The rise of digital commerce and international trade and shifting taxation and reporting obligations imposed by taxing authorities at various levels have created a complex and demanding compliance burden for businesses of all sizes. Many businesses are relying on automation to cope with these challenges. Avalara solutions for QuickBooks provide small and medium businesses the ability to manage sales tax easily and efficiently. It provides real-time sales tax calculations for quotes, orders, and invoices while eliminating the time and effort required for updating rate tables, tax schedules, IDs ad other records manually. In this article, let explore how to use Avalara with QuickBooks.
What Are the Advantages Of Using Avalara with QuickBooks?
Avalara simplifies tax calculation and filing for QuickBooks users. Accountants can add value to their customers by using Avalara products with QuickBooks. Here are some of the advantages of using Avalara AvaTax with QuickBooks.
- Create a single tax profile for each customer to apply appropriate tax rates based on their location and sales channel.
- Generate detailed reports for alerts on tax obligations for businesses in different states.
- Minimize the use of complicated spreadsheets and expensive custom solutions for assessing use tax.
- Consolidate tax liabilities to state and local governments and automate the process of filing and remittance.
- Reduce the chances of wrong delivery and improve the accuracy of applying tax rates.
- Simplify the management and applications of taxability rules across product inventory.
- Streamline the collection of sales transaction data and management of exemption certificates in QuickBooks.
How to Integrate Avalara with QuickBooks?
There are five important milestones for setting up Avalara AvaTax to work with QuickBooks Desktop for automating tax calculations and returns. Follow the instructions below for connecting AvaTax with QuickBooks.
- Create a company profile in AvaTax that has details about the address, tax IDs, marketplace information, jurisdiction, and location.
- Install Connector for QuickBooks Desktop from Settings > Integrations in Avalara on each workstation that has QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop with admin rights in single-user mode. Follow the steps that appear in the AvaTax connector setup wizard for the company for which a profile was created in AvaTax in the previous step so that data on transactions in QuickBooks can flow to AvaTax for tax calculation.
- Provide details on locations, tax codes, exemptions, and other details to fine-tune the company profile.
- Validate business scenarios and workflows by sending a few test transactions.
- Set up Avalara Returns if the solution has been purchased for scheduling returns, importing transactions, and performing other tasks.
The process for syncing Avalara TrustFile with QuickBooks Desktop is similar.
Apps4Rent Provides Cloud Hosting Services for Finance Applications
Financial applications such as Avalara and QuickBooks contain sensitive information and some of the most precious business assets. It is ideal to use them as a cloud service rather than install them on personal computers for better protection and improved availability.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent provides managed hosting services for QuickBooks on virtual desktops using Microsoft and Citrix virtualization technology in our top-tier SSAE 16 level datacenters. Call, email, or chat with our QuickBooks hosting consultants available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.