Intuit QuickBooks has been dominating the small business accounting software market since the 1990s and is used by millions of users for handling their finances and growing their business. However, as many of these businesses grow, their needs often extend beyond accounting. Many distribution, manufacturing, and service-oriented industries need to perform inventory management, order processing, and other complex tasks, that are difficult or simply impossible to perform with QuickBooks alone. Such businesses can use Acctivate, an app that integrates with QuickBooks for managing inventory, processing orders, and performing business analytics. In this article, let us explore the benefits of hosting Acctivate and QuickBooks in the cloud.
What Are the Benefits of Integrating Accitvate with QuickBooks Desktop?
The bi-directional integration between QuickBooks and Acctivate helps distributors, manufacturers, and online retailers optimize their inventory, warehousing, order, and purchasing operations. Here are how the capabilities of QuickBooks are extended with Acctivate integration.
- Businesses can gain better control and have visibility to inventory, sales, order fulfillment, purchasing, and more with centralized data.
- Take advantage of omnichannel order management to help meet customer expectations.
- Accurately maintain inventory levels using tools for the entire purchasing process, including add-ons for drop shipping and special orders.
- Estimate costs accurately by including landed cost and other valuations using various costing methods, such as average, standard, LIFO, FIFO, specific identity, added, management and vendor.
- Improve order fulfillment and minimize errors by automating workflows to receive, pick, sell, transfer and count inventory.
- Track serialized and lot numbered products throughout the delivery chain on-demand within minutes.
How Do QuickBooks And Acctivate Synchronize?
The process of synchronization can be initiated from the QuickBooks menu (QuickBooks > Synchronize with QuickBooks) or by utilizing Synchronize button on the icon bar. Both QuickBooks Desktop and Acctivate must be installed on the same machine. Here is how various items are synchronized between QuickBooks and Acctivate.
- While some list items such as Customers can be updated in either QuickBooks or Acctivate, it is recommended to add them in the latter. Other items, such as Vendors, Salespeople, Sales Tax Codes, and groups must be created and updated in QuickBooks. Many of the synchronized items can be handled in Acctivate.
- Most activities related to inventory management are managed in Acctivate after integrating with QuickBooks. Consequently, transactions affecting inventory, including Inventory asset account transactions, are handled in Acctivate to ensure that data in Acctivate and QuickBooks are in balance.
- Similarly, Sales Orders and Purchase Orders must be entered in Acctivate, and invoices will be sent to QuickBooks.
Why Choose Hosted QuickBooks And Acctivate?
Hosting QuickBooks Desktop and integrating it with Acctivate relieves businesses of the responsibility of storing data themselves and taking chances with equipment issues. Here are the advantages of integrating Acctivate with hosted QuickBooks.
- Businesses can take advantage of cloud inventory management with hosted QuickBooks Desktop.
- The overheads of managing IT resources can be eliminated.
- Web access is available to all Acctivate users in the organization regardless of their location.
- Business systems can be kept secure, backed-up, well-maintained, and up to date always.
- Frustrating, expensive, and time-consuming situations such as computer crashes and tech malfunctions can be minimized, if not eliminated.
Apps4Rent Hosts QuickBooks Desktop in The Cloud
Cloud-based or hosted inventory management software helps in ensuring that employees have access to the data they need wherever they are, improves worker collaboration, and reduces IT infrastructure and overheads. Additionally, skilled professionals manage and maintain such applications ensuring that they are secure, up-to-date, and backed up.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent provisions virtual desktops that are optimized for QuickBooks from our top tier SSAE 16 level datacenters in New York and New Jersey. Reach out to our QuickBooks virtualization consultants, available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.