How to Use SPS Commerce with QuickBooks?
SPS Commerce is an extensive retail network that connects trading partners across the globe for optimizing supply chain operations for retail partners. It is designed to offer data-driven partnerships built on cutting-edge cloud technology. The retail network is widely used by companies in the retail, distribution, grocery, and e-commerce verticals. The full-service SPS Commerce Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) offers fully automated sales order fulfillment to support omnichannel retail businesses that need to meet tight shipping deadlines for dropship and replenishment orders.
A significant proportion of these businesses in the small and medium business segment use QuickBooks to manage their sales orders. These businesses can implement EDI automation with SPS Fulfillment for Intuit QuickBooks, with which suppliers can automate sales orders, and pack and ship items faster. In this article, we will focus on the integration of SPS Commerce with QuickBooks.
What Are the Advantages of Using SPS Commerce with QuickBooks?
Integrating SPS Commerce with QuickBooks facilitates the exchange of data between QuickBooks and customers and helps in strengthening retailer-supplier relationships.
- Businesses do not have to worry about maps, spec changes, updates, and other order fulfillment tasks, as the entire process is automated.
- Branded packing slips, labels, and advance shipping notices (ASNs) can be generated easily with the direct integration of QuickBooks with existing workflows.
- The order management and invoicing process can be simplified significantly, and businesses can book shipments at lower shipping rates.
- Partners will have better transparency, as they can track order status directly in QuickBooks, without having to rely on phone calls or email updates.
- It improves order accuracy, minimizes errors and chargebacks, and helps in building trust with trading partners.
How Does QuickBooks Work with SPS Commerce?
QuickBooks works with SPS Commerce using the QuickBooks EDI integration. Here is how businesses can automate workflows using the QuickBooks EDI integration from SPS Commerce.
- On connecting SPS Commerce to the retail network, businesses are connected with their trading partners without any technical assistance.
- Users can synchronize data with QuickBooks in real-time to set up the item and customer record cross-referencing.
- Sales order and invoicing templates in QuickBooks can be customized to use data from SPS Commerce.
- These invoices can be sent to trading partners in the SPS network.
By integrating SPS Commerce with QuickBooks, businesses can process QuickBooks orders faster, automate processes to make orders a one-step process improve, improve efficiency, and minimize paper handling. Daily orders volumes that could take several hours for manually downloading and entering can be completed in seconds.
Apps4Rent Can Help with QuickBooks Cloud Access
As businesses evolve, manual processes can inhibit growth. While QuickBooks Desktop offers a wide range of features to minimize manual accounting tasks, integrating a full-service EDI such as SPS Commerce can help businesses automate processes to a greater extent, and improve relationships with trading partners. While SPS Commerce is a cloud-native service, certain tasks such as generating invoices in QuickBooks Desktop could be a challenge for businesses without remote access.
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent can help with QuickBooks Cloud access along with other business-critical workloads in our highly secure SSAE 16 datacenters. Reach out to our QuickBooks virtualization technicians available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.