CoConstruct is a popular construction management software that builders and remodelers use for optimizing day-to-day operations. It helps in solving common challenges involved in executing projects, such as budgeting, client communication, scheduling, and planning. CoConstruct provides a single-entry and estimation system to collate all valuable information in a single hub, using which professionals can control orders, budgets, bids, and specific selections. Many such professionals prefer to use CoConstruct’s powerful invoicing capabilities with QuickBooks to manage their accounts payable and enter payments without disrupting established processes. In this article, we will explore the nuances of integrating CoConstuct and QuickBooks.
Why Integrate CoConstruct with QuickBooks?
Integrating CoConstruct with QuickBooks will allow professionals to export estimates built with the application into QuickBooks with a few clicks. Here are some of the advantages of synchronizing CoConstruct and QuickBooks.
- It eliminates double entry between disparate applications and spreadsheets, as estimates of specs, selections, and budgets, entered in CoConstruct are exported to QuickBooks.
- Businesses can improve their profits by using estimate data along with QuickBooks data to compare actuals and projected cost-to-complete and manage margins proactively.
- It ensures that spending and projected costs are always up to date.
- It simplifies the transfer of change order details and pricing from CoConstruct to QuickBooks, ensuring that invoices generated in QuickBooks are always clear and consistent.
Why Synchronize CoConstruct with QuickBooks Desktop?
While CoConstruct can synchronize with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, there are distinct advantages of using the software with the desktop version. Here are the advantages of linking QuickBooks Desktop with CoConstruct using the Web Connector.
- QuickBooks Desktop is better suited to track and deliver the detailed job costing reports required by most construction, manufacturing, and service companies.
- QuickBooks Desktop provides detailed Estimated Cost vs. Actual Cost reports and allows users to access various other useful job-related reporting features.
- QuickBooks Online is only available as a subscription service. In addition to recurring payments to renew CoConstruct, users will also have to renew their QuickBooks Online licenses which will add to the overheads.
- Intuit Payroll systems that work with QuickBooks Online versions do not include job-costing capabilities. So, payroll, taxes, and Employee Benefits, and Labor Burden Costs may have to be calculated manually.
- There could be additional steps involved in obtaining similar, but limited information about details such as Purchase Orders in QuickBooks Online as compared to QuickBooks Desktop.
Host Integrate Business Applications on Apps4Rent Virtual Desktops
By integrating CoConstruct with QuickBooks, staff in the field will be able to access reports that show materials, contracted labor, and other job costs in an “Estimated vs. Actual” format. Owners, managers, and office staff will be able to access the estimated vs. actual payroll costs for each job in addition to the Estimated vs Actual reports. However, many of the detailed job costing reports are only available with QuickBooks Desktop and not QuickBooks Online.
The best way to take advantage of the features of QuickBooks Desktop synchronization with CoConstruct without compromising on the anytime, anywhere accessibility of the online version is by hosting it in the cloud. As an Intuit authorized QuickBooks hosting provider and a certified QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP), Apps4Rent can provide appropriate QuickBooks Desktop licenses and host the application in our top tier SSAE-16 level datacenters. Call, email, or chat with our QuickBooks experts, available 24/7/365 for assistance.