Microsoft Access Hosting
Here’s a look at our Access hosting plans which are lowest priced in the market:
The most suitable Access hosting plan depends on the functionalities that you seek, whether you are using Access for the first time or are already invested in an older version of Access that you have used to build applications; these are some of the factors that will dictate which plan you must go for.
Essentially there are two ways in which you can get Access hosting services: Hosted Desktop and Hosted SharePoint.
Let’s first look at the Hosted SharePoint options.
SharePoint Online Plan 1:
If you are a developer or any user who is familiar with Access but want to use it for the first time to build Access-based applications, host them to be able to share and distribute these applications with other users, SharePoint Online is the best plan for you. You can build Access applications or web apps to Access on SharePoint with a back end powered by SQL server. Moreover, with the online plan, you can give access to external users for free of cost.
It’s important to note here that if you intend to build Access based applications on Access 2013 or 2016 versions, you can do that on SharePoint Online. However, for users who want to develop applications on the Access 2007 version, you cannot do that with SharePoint hosting. For that, you have to opt for virtual desktop environment. (More on that in the Hosted Desktop section). Starting at just $5/month, this economical plan is big on features that a fresh Access user trying to build apps and distribute them on SharePoint would love to buy.
SharePoint 2016 Enterprise Plan:
If you are looking for sophisticated functionalities like building Business Intelligence (BI) features such as creating dashboard functionalities or creating graphs and KPI matrices on Access, SharePoint 2016 enterprise plan starting at $9/month is the best for you. Also for users who prefer the on-prem version of SharePoint 2016 opt for the enterprise plan. It comes with full functionalities that a pure version of SharePoint 2016 offers. One advantage of the SharePoint enterprise plan over the SharePoint online plan 1 is that, the functionalities with the enterprise plan are consistent while the latter keeps changing.
Now, let’s look at the Hosted Desktop options.
Access Hosting – Standard & Enterprise Plans:
If you are already using an Access Service version like 2007 or 2010 and have invested significantly in developing Access-based application on it, you might want to opt for a Virtual Desktop environment. Businesses that opt for Standard & Enterprise Access hosting plans usually want to move the existing Access version on the cloud and avail the full-fledged functionalities in a way they would want to do on a LAN or a server-based Access mode. But your pricing will shoot up sharply up to $15/month/user, with these plans. If your existing Access version is 2007, either of these plans are the only options you have because Hosted SharePoint (both online & enterprise) are not compatible with it.
Advantages of Virtual Desktops for Access Hosting
- Using the latest improvements in Microsoft Hypervisor technology, we help you take your existing Access application off your local desktop and run it seamlessly in the cloud. Each user gets to use the application through an icon on their desktop without any need for software or data installation on their PC.
Concurrent Access to Database by Multiple Users
- The key benefit of hosting your Access Database on a Virtual Desktop is that you can allow multiple users to access the database concurrently on the virtual desktop without the need to have the Access installed on each user’s machine.
Customizable and Upgradeable Environment
- Our Virtual Desktop environment is totally customizable and upgradeable. If needed, you can buy and integrate additional Microsoft Office Software programs with your database without worrying about installing software.
Compatibility with Smartphones, MacBook and other Tablets
- With Apps4Rent’s Virtual Desktop, you can access your Access Database from any Smartphones and tablets.
- We provide daily data backup on a protected network in a SAS 70 certified data center.
Compatible with VBA Code.
Unlimited Access Databases.