A “split domain” is used when you need to have some of your e-mails with Apps4Rent’s Exchange Web Hosting and some with your existing POP3 provider or your in-house mail server.
Here are step by step instructions for setting up “split domain” functionality within your Apps4Rent hosted Microsoft Exchange account.
1. Open a hosted MS Exchange account with us using the domain that you want to use for Exchange server hosting.
2. You will receive a welcome email with the login details.
3. The welcome e-mail also has instructions to create your first e-mail account. Please create the first e-mail account that you want to host with us.
4. Create all your other users too from https://webmail.hostallapps.com/ecp.
5. Create all the aliases that you wish to create.
6. Send an e-mail to the Apps4Rent support, or contact us via chat to let us know you are setting up a split domain. Please have your Domain Name or Username handy when contacting support.
7. We will need to make certain changes from the backend.
8. Finally, for each user; we will provide you with a different internal e-mail address.
9. You need to setup the forwarder from your actual mail provider to the internal address that we provide.
Depend on Apps4Rent for all your business hosting needs.
• Industry leading value based pricing.
• Serving over 10,000 business in 50+ countries.
• One-stop shop for the full range of hosted Microsoft software.
• 24/7 support via chat, email and phone.