The “Modified by” field in workflow always show the Users Account information (DOMAIN\UserAccount), but not the user Preferred Name (User Name Eg. James Smith).
When you create a Workflow on a Document Library using SharePoint Designer the Workflow would send out an approval status email to the users.
For more info on Apps4Rent’s hosted email plans:
• Hosted Microsoft SharePoint – Plans starting at $8.95 per month. See plans.
• Hosted Exchange 2010 – Plans starting at $6.95 per month. See plans.
• Mobile SyncMail – Plans starting at $1.95 per month. See plans.
When the Workflow is started the system will send an Email out to the approver with the detailed information of this document, such as “Created by”, “Modified by”. But the system will always show the user account in the format of DOMAIN\ALIAS and not the preferred Name (User Name Eg. James Smith).
This is a known quirk in Microsoft SharePoint and how it treats display user name and preferred name when using a SharePoint workflow.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.
Depend on Apps4Rent for all your business hosting needs.
• Industry leading value based pricing.
• Serving over 10,000 business in 50+ countries.
• One-stop shop for the full range of hosted Microsoft software.
• 24/7 support via chat, email and phone.