Step by step instruction how to create, set up and configure a new discussion board in Microsoft SharePoint
You can create a new MS SharePoint discussion board if you want to have multiple discussion boards on your site, or if you deleted the Team Discussion board and want to create a new one.
For more info on Apps4Rent’s hosted email plans:
• Hosted Microsoft SharePoint – Plans starting at $8.95 per month. See plans.
• Hosted Exchange 2010 – Plans starting at $6.95 per month. See plans.
• Mobile SyncMail – Plans starting at $1.95 per month. See plans.
If lists on your site are set up to receive e-mail, you can specify an e-mail address for the discussion board as you create it.
1. Click View All Site Content, and then click Create on the All Site Content page.
2. Under Communications, click Discussion Board.
3. In the Name box, type a name for the discussion board. The name is required.
4. In the Description box, type a description of the discussion board. The description is optional. If you plan to enable the discussion board to receive content by e-mail, you could add its e-mail address to the description, so people can readily find it.
5. In the Navigation section, specify whether you want the discussion board to appear on the Quick Launch.
6. To enable the discussion board to receive e-mail, under Enable this list to receive e-mail, click Yes. This option will not be available if your server is not set up to receive e-mail.
7. Under E-mail address, type a unique name to use as part of the e-mail address for the discussion board.
8. Click Create.
Apps4Rent has industry leading plans for the best SharePoint hosting pricing. Apps4Rent provides business like yours the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications. SharePoint hosting prices start at just $8.95 per month.
Depend on Apps4Rent for all your business hosting needs.
• Industry leading value based pricing.
• Serving over 10,000 business in 50+ countries.
• One-stop shop for the full range of hosted Microsoft software.
• 24/7 support via chat, email and phone.