Setup iPhone 3GS for Microsoft Exchange Server
There is nothing visually different about the iPhone 3GS versus the iPhone 3G. Apple has supercharged the CPU of the iPhone 3GS (the S is for speed), jacking up the processor numbers from 412MHz to a rumored 600MHz. Additionally, the RAM is said to have doubled from 128MB to 256MB, and the phone is offered with 16GB or 32GB of storage. What else, it’s very easy to sync/ActiveSync the email, mailbox, contacts, and calendar on your iPhone 3GS with Microsoft Exchange Server.
For more info on Apps4Rent’s hosted email plans:
• Hosted Exchange 2010 – Plans starting at $6.95 per month. See plans.
• Mobile SyncMail – Plans starting at $1.95 per month. See plans.
Here are instructions on how to create and sync the accounts on your Apple iPhone 3GS with MS Exchange Server.
Steps to configure iPhone 3Gs with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- To add an MS Exchange account to your iPhone 3GS, tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Add Account, then Microsoft Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain, username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like). Ask your Microsoft Exchange server administrator if you are unsure of the domain. If you are unable to view your folder list, or unable to send or receive email, leave the domain field blank.
- Your Apple iPhone 3GS will now try to locate your MS Exchange server using Microsoft’s Autodiscovery service. Enter your front-end Exchange server’s complete address in the Server field. Contact your Exchange server administrator if you are unsure of the address.
- 4.Your iPhone 3GS will then try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. To override the SSL setting, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, tap Account Info, then toggle the Use SSL slider.
- 5.After successfully making a connection to the Exchange server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match whatever policies may have been set on your server.
- 6.Choose which type of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only 3 days’ worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note that after configuring a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account (i.e., emails, mailboxes, contacts, calendar, etc.), all existing contact and calendar information on the Apple iPhone 3GS will be overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync the accounts on your iPhone 3G wirelessly with MobileMe services.
Depend on Apps4Rent for all your business hosting needs.
• Industry leading value based pricing.
• Serving over 10,000 business in 50+ countries.
• One-stop shop for the full range of hosted Microsoft software.
• 24/7 support via chat, email and phone.